Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Home Stretch





It's December 1st! Six months to go. 3/4 done. School ends June 6th.
This is actually a lovely time of year here. It is the coolest it gets, more pleasant to be outside in the evening.
I had a delightful trip to Israel in October. I visited friends that I first met more than 40 years ago. It was wonderful to see! It was also wonderful to see Israel, how developed it is, clean air, things work. I made a wrong turn on my way to my frineds, the Orens, who moved to Rehovot. I got caught in morning traffic but I also got to see alot. Rehovot is charming, an Israeli style....Costa Mesa Healdsburg combination. Enjoyed the time, seeing their kids, dining on their patio. Shlomit took me to the Chaim Weitzman Institute to see his home/memorial and the campus.







Onward to celebrate Suki's birthday at Bet Keshet. Still beautiful, at the foot of Mt. Tabor.



 I finally met Sol, the newest addition to the family, got to see Segev's restaurant and helped celebrate Ayelet's 60th, with much of the Lechner clan. Never enough time with Suki's warmth, Kofy's twinkle and the sweetness of Bet Keshet.
Mt Tabor in the background and Bet Keshet on the hilltop.
A quick stop in Herzilya to meet Hillel, Ettie's grandson, and lunch with the family, then home again in Cebu.

November is a long month here, no Thanksgiving break, but a three day weekend at the end for Bonifacio Day. In three weeks, I leave for Vietnam and Cambodia. The home stretch really starts when I return. A few more spots to visit in the Philippines but I'm longing for home.

7 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that you are 3/4 through your over seas adventures, Linda! Enjoyed seeing the pix of your trip to Israel. Curious as to how much time you were able to spend there. With your upcoming excursions to Vietnam and Cambodia your passport must be getting full. Anxious to hear your stories when you return to Napa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim,
      Only got 6 days in Israel, 20 hours travel both ways but worth it. Can't wait to usher the fall the season! Enjoy the holidays!

      Delete
  2. Delightful morning news from you. Ahh, Israel, I wish I might sit with you and hear more stories about those in the snapshots. Let's see, you must have (or will) visited all the countries surrounding you. You know that I'll have lots of questions about them! Miss you, but 6 months passes quickly I've discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pleased to hear that you had such a great time. It is always nice to be with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your adventure continues.
    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are DEFINITELY the most adventurous Odelson! Safe travels and be happy.
    xo
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete