Monday, December 28, 2015

Best laid plans


So Vietnam didn't happen instead.... Dec 16, Linda calls in sick, severe stomach pains. Slept most of the day. Tucky diagnosis me with appendicitis when she visits that pm.

Dec. 17 I've read webmd and agree with Tucky. I go to school and ask where is the best place for an appendectomy. Arlene and Dina and I get in a taxi. My ruptured appendix was removed that afternoon.

Dec 18, in the hospital

Dec 19 move to the floor with the wifi.

Dec 21, Standard procedures, fluids and antibiotics and then home.

Home the 21st to Tucky, mom, Betty, Robin and Hilary. They were using my place while I was supposed to be in Vietnam. I took back my bed, Tucky bunked with her Mom. Her Mom, Betty, asked me when I got out of the shower,"What happened to your water spaniel look?" I loved it. When I first got glasses at age 7 or 8, my friend told me I looked like a puppy. I was devastated. Now it seems it is still true. I got a great laugh out of it.

Home for a week resting. John is in Vietnam and I realize I am just too weak to travel. He arrives tomorrow, Dec 29. The rest has been wonderful. I've called friends at home for the holidays. I've read three plus novels. Thank you Tony for introducing me to Lee Child/Reacher. I've booked a resort for New year's about 4 hours from here. Happy New Year! The adventure continues.

2 comments:

  1. You just took a detour on your journey. Hope you didn't lose any money on intended trip....glad John will visit....quite a house full. I shall toast the new year with pals here, and am jealous of your resort fling. Bonne annee 2016

    ReplyDelete